Blue Dot Place — a 33-unit lifestyle apartment residence—opened its doors to downtown Colorado Springs, thanks to local developers Kathy Loo and Darsey Nicklasson with BDP Development. The project infused energy and excitement within the city’s core.
Through market research, BDP Development identified a need for housing options targeted toward the expanding population of young professionals in Colorado Springs who want to live, work, and play in the downtown area.
“We want residents who live at Blue Dot Place to feel like they’re part of a lifestyle, not just coming to a place to sleep at night,” explains Nicklasson. In securing financing for the project, Loo and Nicklasson approached Central Bank & Trust in the early part of 2014.
“We always considered a local lender over the national banks,” says Loo. “Central Bank & Trust understands this community and the need to take a risk on a project such as Blue Dot Place. You don’t get to develop that level of trust with the larger commercial lenders.”
Features of Blue Dot Place include:
- Ground floor lobby and private, secured parking
- Three floors of residences with nine one-bedroom and 24 two-bedroom apartment homes available
- Contemporary floor plans and finishes, including hard-surface flooring and 9’ ceilings
- Balconies, indoor bike storage, Energy Star appliances, single-stream recycling, in-unit washers and dryers, programmable thermostats
- 100% non-smoking community
- Dogs and cats accepted with pet deposit