Colorado Springs, CO
Job Title: Commercial Lines Administrative Supervisor
Business Line: CB Insurance-Commercial Lines
Reports To: President of Insurance
FLSA Status: Exempt
Approved By: Steve Schneider – President of Insurance
Our mission is to establish long-term, mutually beneficial financial relationships with our clients, team members and community. We will:
- Recruit, reward and retain a team of market leading professionals.
- Collaborate with clients to analyze and understand their financial challenges and opportunities.
- Develop and provide access to a unique set of financial solutions.
- Directly engage in community social, educational and philanthropic activities.
Manage all functions of personnel and workflow policies & procedures related to Commercial Lines Account Managers, Account Associates and other support staff as determined by management. Objective is to maximize efficiency, productivity and customer service to internal & external clients.
Key Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manage all personnel functions for Account Managers, Account Associates, and other operations support staff, including recruiting, terminations, staff development, training, motivating and team development
- Onboard and train new Account Managers, Account Associates and conduct one-on-one meetings and annual performance reviews
- Build and maintain relationships with producers to assist with business development
- Supervise daily functions of staff including work delegation to ensure the highest level of productivity and customer service to internal and external clients
- Provide technical support to direct reports
- Manage Operations Director and develop, implement, and monitor “best practice” workflow policies and procedures
- Provide support to all managers on as needed basis
- Provide support to President as needed
- Work with CL Auditor and other managers to implement training curriculum and give audit feedback to staff
- Service assigned clients
- Perform other duties as requested by President
Required Experience & Background
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent work-related experience
- Minimum of 5 years independent insurance agency background required or similar work experience (i.e. risk management experience)
- Must have previous experience working as an Account Manager, Account Executive, Producer, or insurance operations or marketing manager role
- Strong Commercial Lines Insurance knowledge with proven experience in service and sales processes
- Expertise in team building and collaboration
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with autonomy to manage efficiently
- Professional demeanor and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to apply critical thinking, make sound judgements, and pay attention to detail
- Strong sense of urgency for accomplishing tasks and meeting deadlines
- Possesses excellent organizational and time management skills
- Superior knowledge of insurance products, markets, and the marketing process
- Superior customer service and teamwork skills
- Ability to positively interact with employees at all levels of CB, customers and vendor companies
- Requires possession and maintenance of a multiple lines license for the State of Colorado and be current in meeting the continuing education requirements of such license
- Requires current Colorado driver’s license
- Working knowledge of computer software packages including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook programs
- Ability to learn and perform new duties and responsibilities
- Ability to travel offsite as needed
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee in this type of position as a Vice President/Director of Operations. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job. The employee is expected to perform those duties listed as well as other related duties directed by management.