Colorado Springs, CO
Job Title: Director of Marketing
Business Line: Operations
Reports To: Vice President, Corundum Group
FLSA Status: Exempt
Approved By: Jill Johnson – Vice President, Corundum Group
Approved Date: September 1, 2021
Our mission is to establish long-term, mutually beneficial financial relationships with our clients, team members and community. We will:
- Recruit, reward and retain a team of market leading professionals.
- Collaborate with clients to analyze and understand their financial challenges and opportunities.
- Develop and provide access to a unique set of financial solutions.
- Directly engage in community social, educational, and philanthropic activities.
As the Director of Marketing for a financial holding company, this position is responsible for promotion of and stewardship over both the corporate and affiliate brands. This includes marketing and communication strategies, brand management, event planning, client experience input, advertising, and business development support.
Key Functions and Responsibilities:
- Work with division heads to develop and execute annual marketing plans and budgets to include measurable goals and benchmarks.
- Plan and manage all events – internal and external.
- Provide support for all sales team members including development of touch campaigns, marketing materials, presentations, client meetings/proposals, etc.
- Leverage and manage relationship with advertising agency.
- Brand management and strategic planning for further advancement of brand.
- Manage all interactive media including website, digital, social, and email. Provide reports on such activities.
- Manage all advertising campaigns including media buy negotiations and creative execution.
- Responsible for handling and directing all public/media relations.
- Provide support to divisions for client experience initiatives.
- Marketing database management.
- Inventory and ordering of all supplies and marketing materials.
- Manage various vendor relationships.
- Ensure marketing materials and advertising campaign align with various compliance requirements.
Required Experience & Background
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field, or equivalent combination of education/experience preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in marketing, communications, event planning or similar field.
- Strong analytical, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and utilize effective decision-making skills.
- Tech and web savvy, comfortable working on a computer and learning new software programs.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Graphic design ability/experience.
- Familiarity with financial services business.
- Strong marketing and strategic thinking capabilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Strong PC skills required.
The salary range for this position is $70K- $90K.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job. The employee is expected to perform those duties listed as well as other related duties directed by management.