Job Title: Personal Banker
Business Line: Operations
Reports To: Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Approved By: Cheryl Dukeman – EVP/Bank Operations
Approved Date: September 14, 2017
Our mission is to establish long term, mutually beneficial financial relationships with our customers, team members and community.
- Recruit, reward and retain a team of market leading professionals.
- Collaborate with customers to analyze and understand their financial challenges and opportunities.
- Develop and provide access to a unique set of financial solutions.
- Directly engage in community social, educational and philanthropic activities.
Performs intermediate duties and support related to branch operational activities and financial services; processes all new account transactions; assists customers in their selection of various accounts and financial services; opens, maintains and closes all account types; promotes business for the Bank by maintaining good customer relations and referring customers to appropriate staff for new services. This position is also required to be fully knowledgeable and skilled in the areas of teller, vault, safe deposit boxes, and ATM. Provides training and support of systems and products to less experienced branch staff members. The Personal Banker is accountable to understand and comply with regulatory issues and policies.
Key Functions and Responsibilities:
- Maintain current knowledge and consistent compliance with all Bank Regulations, policies and procedures related to the position including those related to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA).
- Answer incoming telephone calls and directs to appropriate staff.
- Provide continual support to the client by being the first line of contact for general banking needs.
- Manage client’s expectations and addresses concerns with a sense of urgency, providing resolution, and explanation and follows up as required.
- Assure dual control and proper audit trail is on-going with respect to internal input and corrections.
- Assure client documentation is scanned and imaged into the Bank’s system as required by Bank procedure.
- Provide support to branch deposit operations where assistance is needed, including new accounts, teller, safe deposit boxes, vault and ATM.
- Assists consumer and business clients in their selection of various accounts, products and financial services available from the Bank.
- Discusses, prepares and processes documents related to the Bank’s electronic banking systems.
- Discusses and accepts merchant service applications and credit cards.
- Prepares all account related documents including signature cards, Cash Management agreements (Internet, Wire, ACH, Mobile Banking, Remote Deposit, etc.),
- Inputs all account related information into Bank systems, including Internet banking, assuring proper setup.
- Train client on Internet Banking modules and provide answers on related questions.
- Process outgoing and incoming wire transactions.
- Take all actions to ensure that the safety of the customer’s accounts is not compromised by fraudulent or erroneous transactions.
- Promote and cross sell bank products and services to customers as appropriate.
- Complete all quarterly compliance training in a timely manner.
- Time management – Service customers while completing other assigned branch operation duties in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Adhere to Farmers & Stockmens Bank compliance, security, and control procedures. Comply with over/short policy as defined.
Position type/expected hours of work:
This is a full-time position and normal hours of work and days are Monday thru Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. There may be times where this position will have to work Monday thru Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. when covering the teller position of the Bank.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee in this type of position as a Personal Banker of the Bank. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Required Experience & Background:
- High school graduate or equivalent required
- Customer contact and cashing handling experience
- 1-3 years banking experience preferred
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and assertive
- Ability to interact with customers and team members in a professional and personable manner
- Ability to prioritize, organize, problem-solve, and follow-up
- Ability to work required schedule, days/hours
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job. The employee is expected to perform those duties listed as well as other related duties directed by management.