Goals of Investment
Planning that makes sense, planning that makes money
Our goal in investment management is to provide you with custom-designed strategies that address your distinctive needs while accommodating your attitude toward risk. The Corundum Group employs a wide range of investment vehicles to help you achieve your growth, income, risk management, and diversification objectives.
- Private portfolio managers
- Publicly traded equity funds
- Public and privately traded fixed income assets
- Hedging, risk management and income enhancement strategies
- Venture capital and other private stock offerings
- Real estate lending and equity investments
- Oil and gas investments
- Other alternative investment opportunities
Analysis Using Asset Allocation and Management
Setting the terms, reaping the rewards
The investment process at The Corundum Group begins with an in-depth examination of your income goals, growth objectives and tolerance for risk.
Working with you to develop the methods necessary to achieve your goals, we then use modern portfolio theory and sophisticated computer modeling to establish a well-tailored asset allocation. The result is an investment strategy that is flexible and in alignment with your goals and objectives.
This style of personal asset allocation and management translates into the flexibility to move your money among asset classes and/or asset managers as conditions warrant, with the goal of attaining consistent performance even through volatile markets.
Publicly Traded Securities
Working with winners
The Corundum Group’s approach to publicly traded markets is to utilize the expertise of professional money management firms. We undertake a thorough screening and selection process of the premier investment managers and make our final selections after an intensive interview process. This is the same proven process used by large institutions such as endowment funds and pension plans.
- Superior performance—high risk-adjusted after-tax returns
- History of the manager or fund—time in existence, resumé of the manager(s) and
depth of talent
- Investment style—security selection process and method of analysis
Once our experts are selected, we work with them to create proprietary investment vehicles—funds exclusively designed to enhance your portfolio’s investment performance while providing favorable tax advantages and competitive management fees.
Beyond stocks and bonds
Our quest for superior risk-adjusted returns relies on a number of advanced techniques and vehicles. If such a strategy is appropriate, we may recommend one or more of the following options to complement or strengthen your portfolio:
- Real estate equity investments and/or lending for growth, income and inflation hedging purposes
- Oil and gas investments for income and tax benefits
- Venture capital and other private stock offerings for appreciation
- Hedging, risk management, and income enhancement strategies utilizing appropriate options, collars and other derivative instruments in the public and private markets
- Alternative investment vehicles accessible exclusively by The Corundum Group clients
By applying the same disciplined approach to these more esoteric investments, and by using them at a level consistent with our clients’ comprehensive portfolio plan, we are able to achieve growth, diversification, and/or income, with equal levels of risk mitigation.